REVIEW | Love and Other Drugs (2010)



So far it's my worst movie of the year.

LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS feels like a Star Cinema love story but littered with sex scenes and nudity. It's a cliche-ish, cheesy romantic comedy-turned-drama about a spunky artiste commitment-phobe Parkinson's Disease sufferer (Anne Hathaway) and Pfizer womanizer (Jake Gyllenhaal) who accidentally met while Anne Hathaway was showing her left boob to her primary physician. Indeed, TRUE love conquers all, and her commitment phobia and his womanizing days were finally cured.

The characters lacked depth, the lovers had zero chemistry, and I was kind of getting tired looking at Anne Hathaway's eyes, nose and mouth that are blown out of proportion. In this dragging movie, all I hear are the f-word, tacky soundtrack, the irritating blabber of Oliver Platt and the greasy brother; and all I see are naked humping bodies and Hathaway's gigantic facial features.

It failed to ignite the smallest emotion in me, and even the film's soundtrack that was meant to evoke the target emotion in me just makes the movie even more annoying. I bet that even if I had Parkinson's Disease, I'd still be numb from any touching emotion this movie is so trying hard to project. 

0.5 out of 5 stars

Comments