OSCAR 2012 BEST PICTURE NOMINEES: My Ranking



It's the Oscars on Monday, February 27th, Manila time, and with much relief, I have seen all nine Best Picture nominees before the awards. 

This year's line-up is interesting but unexciting. It's predictable (The Artist), incredibly shocking (Extremely Loud and Incredible Close), and deeply annoying (The Help). Nevertheless, some favorites came out of the selection, i.e. Moneyball and Midnight in Paris.

So here's my rank of the Best Picture nominees, based on the combination of entertainment and impact. To make it clear, my favorite, i.e., Moneyball, is different from which movie I think deserves to take home the Oscar gold  (for its uniqueness, creativity in filmmaking, storytelling, and strong impact), i.e., The Tree of Life...and of course different from my prediction of who will actually win-- which is the critics' favorite: The Artist.

So here's my rank based on my personal preference. 
By clicking the movie title, you'll be directed to my movie review.


1. Moneyball (COULD WIN)  
Perfect.


Magical and fun.

3. Tree of Life (DESERVES TO WIN/COULD WIN
Poetic and artistic, with a strong impact.

Unique and funny.

5. The Artist (WILL WIN
Engaging but mediocre.

Refreshing but boring.

7. Hugo 
Gorgeous visuals but messy storytelling.


8. The Help 
(SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AT ALL
Shallow and self-conscious.


( SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AT ALL )
"The kind of movie that you want to punch in the nose." 
~Tom Long




What's your list? If we have the exact same rank, then you must be my soulmate.




Comments

Sumi Go said…
Hahaha.. XD I laughed when I saw this -- "The kind of movie that you want to punch in the nose" ~Tom Long

I hope I can watch Money Ball soon.. :)
thirdy said…
wala pa akong napanuod kahit isa sa mga movies...

I'll check out those na nasa top spot soon... i hope
totomai said…
the artist >>> midnight in paris >>>>> the help >>>> moneyball