Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 6: Violent and Disturbing





GoT has one of the best dialogues in TV history, and this episode did not fail to provide us with quotable quotes. 

Today's episode is a bit low on action (and no Khaleesi) but high on evil that is quite disturbing. It's unpleasant. To begin with, Ygritte is unpleasant.


Anyway, this episode's highlights for me:



1. Ygritte tells Jon Snow that she's always been aware of his secret: that he's still a true-blooded and loyal Crow. And then demands his loyalty to her, "his woman." I don't like this.



2. I'm not faint-hearted but I almost passed out when the boy peeled off Greyjoy's little finger. That's the most disturbingly graphic violence I've ever seen in a TV series. Yes, it was unbearable for me. I turned away. 



3. I'm afraid I'm beginning to like Jamie Lannister. And I believe I am a Jaime-Brienne relationshipper. They're so cute together.






4. So why is Roose Bolton keeping Brienne in Harrenhal for abetting Catelyn's treason, but then sends Jaime back to the Lannisters? Please enlighten me.

5. Gendry is sold to Melisandre, and you wonder what freaky ritual she's about to do using the blood of Robert B's bastard son.

6. Comic relief: the girly gay Loras' fantasy wedding talk.


7. Sansa Stark is going to be stuck in King's Landing. But I just don't feel sorry for her.

8. Edmure reluctantly agrees to marry the Frey woman. I am excited to get a look-see of how ugly she is. 

Favorite line from this scene: 

The Blackfish to Edmure: "The laws of my fists are about to compel your teeth."

9. The gloriously breathtaking Westerosi landscape on top of the wall. (Is Jon Snow seriously in love with Ygritte? Eww.) 




10. Joffrey is disturbingly evil. The combination of idiot and pure evil. You can make a horror movie out of him alone.


11. Littlefinger has always been bad, but I didn't know how evil and sneakily powerful he is until now. But his character delivers the episode's best and--- ominous---lines, in a dialogue with the outsmarted and stunned Varys:



Varys: I did what I did for the good of the Realm.
Littlefinger: The Realm? Do you know what the Realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies. A story we agreed to tell each other over and over til we forget that it's a lie.
Varys: But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos! A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all!
Littlefinger: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.









Comments